We may collect information about you through our websites, including information you submit to our websites (such as online booking forms), and information collected by web logs (which monitor site traffic and use) or by cookies. We may also collect information about you by other means, including information you provide over the phone, in person, by e-mail, through our social media platforms, through any apps we make available and by way of our CCTV systems. The information we collect may include sensitive personal information; for instance, in order to provide the best service possible, we may collect and store information about any disability you have.
We may use information collected about you to process your orders for products and services, to ensure that the content of our websites is presented to you in an effective manner, to analyse user activity of our websites and products, to provide you with information you have requested from us, to send you marketing information about products and services we think you may be interested in, to administer and maintain our records, for the purposes of crime detection and prevention, and for other reasonable purposes.
We will only collect and process information about you if at least one of the following points applies:
- you have consented to us collecting and processing your information (for example, you have ticked a box to receive e-mail newsletters);
- we need the information in order to comply with a contractual obligation (for example, we may hold your name and contact details in order to maintain a reservation you have made with us);
- we have a legitimate interest to collect and process the information in a way which might be reasonably expected as part of running a business and which does not significantly impact n your rights (for example, the operation of CCTV to facilitate crime detection and prevention on our premises or the use of your contact details to provide you with information about products and services we think may be of interest to you); or
- we are legally obliged to collect and process the information (for example, if it is necessary to comply with the legal requirements contained in a liquor licence).
- we are legally obliged to collect and process the information in relation to COVID restrictions placed on us by the government.
We may pass information we hold about you to any contractor or promoter we appoint to provide services to us, to any prospective buyer of our business, to our professional advisers or to other third parties where the law requires or permits us to do so. Otherwise, we will not share your information with third parties unless you authorise us to do so.
We may retain such information for as long as we reasonably require but will not retain it for any longer than is legally permitted. If you are aware of any inaccuracy in the information we hold about you, please inform us. You have certain legal rights in respect of the information we hold about you. In particular, you are entitled to have access to the information and to insist that we cease using it for particular purposes or, in some cases, that we delete it altogether. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us via the contact details on this website. When you fail to provide information to us or ask that we stop using your information, that may impact on the services we are able to provide to you.
Where we have a presence on third party social media sites, you should be aware that these third party sites will have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We recommend that you read these policies.
If you are given login details, passwords or the like for our websites, you must keep these confidential and not disclose these to any third parties.
The internet is not a secure medium but we maintain industry-standard security measures on our websites and systems and we regularly review these measures to ensure they remain up-to-date. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted online or through our websites. Transmission of information is at your own risk. We accept no liability if our electronic security is breached.
If you have any queries about the manner in which your information is dealt with, please contact us via the contact details on our website. If you are unhappy with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
Last modified – August 2021